• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton fuel tank on M35A2?

socom688

Hey guys, I was wondering if either a m939 or m809 fuel tank could be put in the m35a2 without a significant modifications? I was looking for something to increase fuel cap, but didn't want to go through the hassle of a dual tank setup. I have no idea the dimensions or setups of either ton tanks, but I figured this would be the place to ask!

Kloakndagr

I just swapped out the tool box/step with a 50 gallon step aux tank. It's still a work in progress, the tank is going to be for storage and will utilize a hand pump to pump the 50 gallons into the deuce tank. When completed I'll have 100 gallons of fuel, should be able to get out if California without having to stop, don't wanna look back as the state is being overrun by undesirables aka zombies.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Neither has provisions for an in tank pump.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
You could ues a tank from a 39 series a2, it had a in tank pump (same pump as the deuce), this would give you up to 78 gal. with a single tank.

Last edited:

socom688

Ok thanks for the input guys. I am having a hard time finding parts source, let alone a fuel tank for an m39 series truck. I will keep an eye out and keep brainstorming this idea.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
M39 series is the 5t series before the 809 5t series, also check the dia. of the 809 pickup access, against the deuce tank pump mounting, could be the same or close, if so, you always could drill/tap new mounting holes, what ever you do, replace the STEEL mounting screws with BRASS or STAINLRSS, this will prevent the screws rusting to the tank, then breaking off when you try to remove them and the repair fight.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Use a duel tank set up with a pump to transfer fuel from the aux tank to the primary. That way you don't have to do a lot of plumbing. Some of the older 5 tons had a similar setup. That way you can use a stock deuce tank and brackets and just mount it on the drivers side of the truck.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What truck has an 81 gallon tank?

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
THE 939A2 has a 81 gal. tank, on The older 5ts, the big tank is 78 gal.

Reckless

I have a m54 tank and brackets, just needs a pump! (Same pump as a deuce, just have to slide it down)

Let me know if your interested!

socom688

Thanks for the offers guys. But I wont be doing this mod for some time,l Im just planning ahead:-(. I don't actually have the truck yet, I am picking it up in a week or so from another member on here. I am just planning ahead. I barely got my old lady to allow me to get it the truck in the first place!:wink:

jrobinson5093

I don't mean to hijack this but Im wanting to put a M35a2 fuel pump in the tank on my M818. Even if the mounts don't line up it should be easy to adapt. Does any one have a entire pump and sender assembly for sale?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks