• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton ground problem

turbojim

we just brought home our new 5 ton m 811 ... it had trouble starting i found it has a engine to frame ground problem ...I bypassed it with jumper cables and it starts right up any suggestions as to were the cable is from the engine to the frame

Last edited:

M813A1

A common problems is that the grounds corrode . It is a good idea to follow your grond cable from the batteries to the frame and clean all of the other grounds on the body and to the frame to get a good contact

turbojim

A common problems is that the grounds corrode . It is a good idea to follow your grond cable from the batteries to the frame and clean all of the other grounds on the body and to the frame to get a good contact
I have good ground to the frame just no good ground to the engine from the frame the battery cable goes from the battery to the frame and then to the hotshot terminal

turbojim

I think you are missing a cable.

if i remember rite there is a ground cable that runs from the battery to the starter.

I can comfirm in the morning.
yes main positive runs to the starter but thr ground csble only to the frame somewhere there has to be a cable from frame to engine since the engine is rubber mounted and the starter is attached to the engine thanks in advanced Turbo

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If there is no connection from the engine to the frame, just make one.