• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 TON Hater ........

strosfla

......NO not me!!! My POS neighbor. This is a long story, but the condensed version: about him, let's just say I'm moving because of this piece of work. The scum bag complained to Fort Lauderdale code enforcement that I have a " Tank " parked in my driveway (yes it is parked well into the driveway). So Code enforcement dude comes out and cites me referencing a city code that anything over (2) axles is considered a commercial vehicle. So I armed myself with information, dissected the code and marched into the Code Enforcement Office. They were sympathetic, to a point, but said since this was a citizen complaint they have to follow through. The Supervisor was ex-military and was as flexible as he could be but he told me I was on a runaway train with no track left. He also told me that I could have a day in court, but the city's attorney's would have fall back positions if I convinced the Magistrate the specific code violation did not apply to my 5TON, which it does not. So now I have to pay for outside storage for my ' neighborhood nuisance' . Friggin A$$Whole !!!! What's wrong with people ???? Wanna put $$$ on who this bozo voted for president ??? BTW the rest of the neighborhood disagrees with what is happening.............. thanks for letting me vent ;)

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you petition your other neighbors, and ask the code board, for a variance?

dc3coyote

in my neighborood, I use the ole "its not a Tank, but my RV" routine theres no way the city is going to start making every person who owns one of them jump through any hoops. And yes I told this to "mike" the code enforcement guy. Or if you can get a heads up on the next time hes coming by, take the two rears off, and chain the axel up, now you the have ugliest two axel truck in the county and everyone is happy.

strosfla

...... I already invested 1/2 day " fighting city hall ". I understand why the code is there, but due to the "citizen" complaint they have protocols and if I take it to a Magistrate he WILL rule on the side of the city to not set a precedent. The Supervisor also told me that the Code Officer would not have cited the truck as he could have used common sense and realized it was not a commercial vehicle. I also talked to the City Manager, who offered to help but gave me the realization that the end result would be the same. I even offered a petition signed by the rest of the neighborhood showing their support. really does suck how (1) loser can effect so many. I'm a Firefighter and strive to keep an open mind when encountering the less privileged individuals when on duty(which encompasses 90 % of my calls), but when it comes to individuals like the POS across the street from me ......... let's just say he needs to stay on his side of the street...............

Last edited:

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I really am not a bobbed truck type guy, but ATANKERSDAD has it right...bob the damn truck and continue to park it in the driveway. Heck, park it on the street in front of his house if you can.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a shame that some rectal orifice has to ruin someone elses dream. I would certainly let the complainant know how you feel, and also let all of your neighbors know who complained.
In the future, while out for a drive and you happen to stop by your house, park it in front of their house.

Armada

I can sure relate to your pain strosfla. Everyone has a cross to bear and mine lives next door to me too. Ah, the stories I could tell about these whitetrash bag of hammers..... They tried using the township's "junk vehicle ordinance" on me. They made a complaint to the police and the LEO came to pay me a visit. (This was AFTER they moved their non-licensed, non-registered junk vehicles out of sight). He knows the kind of people they are but said he had to respond to the complaint. He said my trucks were just fine. He said he could have told me that over the phone, but wanted to come out and climb around on the trucks himself. We ended up chatting about MV's for over an hour and by the time he left he was going to look into getting one for himself!
Anyway, now that they can't have them hauled off, I get food, gum, spit, paint balloons, etc, thrown on them.
Good luck with your neighbor. Don't give him the satisfaction of winning. I like the bobbed deuce idea too!

Last edited:

Green_gator

Your neighbor is probably related to the POS who manages the complex in Fort Lauderdale where my nephew lives. He "blocked" my deuce in by parking his Ford Ranger right behind me so that he could vent about my parking in a complex with no visitor parking slots while we unloaded. I agree with BKUBU, bob it then park it right in front of his house.

strosfla

I really want to fight the code, but the amount of effort could be used in other more constructive avenues. The city also has codes against parking in the street. Bob's are cool, but not an option ( Doin the Super singles x6 with a Deuce bed and shortening the frame)........... My best justice is letting the rest of the neighborhood know what the jerk did to me and remind them my truck would have been here FOR THEM if a hurricane would have taken out the neighborhood.......

kcimb

......NO not me!!! My POS neighbor. This is a long story, but the condensed version: about him, let's just say I'm moving because of this piece of work. The scum bag complained to Fort Lauderdale code enforcement that I have a " Tank " parked in my driveway (yes it is parked well into the driveway). So Code enforcement dude comes out and cites me referencing a city code that anything over (2) axles is considered a commercial vehicle. So I armed myself with information, dissected the code and marched into the Code Enforcement Office. They were sympathetic, to a point, but said since this was a citizen complaint they have to follow through. The Supervisor was ex-military and was as flexible as he could be but he told me I was on a runaway train with no track left. He also told me that I could have a day in court, but the city's attorney's would have fall back positions if I convinced the Magistrate the specific code violation did not apply to my 5TON, which it does not. So now I have to pay for outside storage for my ' neighborhood nuisance' . Friggin A$$Whole !!!! What's wrong with people ???? Wanna put $$$ on who this bozo voted for president ??? BTW the rest of the neighborhood disagrees with what is happening.............. thanks for letting me vent ;)
If he thanks a 5 ton is a "tank" I'm pretty sure I could swing by some time and refresh his memory.....

kcimb

I really want to fight the code, but the amount of effort could be used in other more constructive avenues. The city also has codes against parking in the street. Bob's are cool, but not an option ( Doin the Super singles x6 with a Deuce bed and shortening the frame)........... My best justice is letting the rest of the neighborhood know what the jerk did to me and remind them my truck would have been here FOR THEM if a hurricane would have taken out the neighborhood.......
Sounds like you found a volunteer to ride on the hood/bumper...:-D

EO2NMCB

I feel for you, had the same thing with a neighbor. So from time to time to time I park the 1008 with the 101 hooked up in the street in front of his house. Just a legal way to get even with him.:roll:

ptg530C

Threaten to sue the neighbor and the code enforcement officer in county court. Have your attorney send them letters telling them that you intend to sue them in civil court. that will be the end of your problems. One more thing- you obviously are not smart enough to fight fire with fire so let me ask you, how is it obvious who the guy voted for?

strosfla

........kcimb...:funny: I know it's sad to say, but hoping a hurricane hits, does minimal damage, but I get the chance to bring the Double Deuce into the neighborhood and help out every house except his ........ ooops sorry I had to drive around that branch into your yard......twice :-D

strosfla

.....ptg530c........ let's just say I'm not a fan of our new "Spender-In_Chief"...... we can debate, but the Administrators would like us to keep that stuff to other forums. So my OPINION is that this creep has the same misinformed values that I BELIEVE individuals that voted for the present President possess...... just my opinion of course. And believe me.....Florida is really liberal with our 2ND Amendment right (has been referred to as the Wild West).....so I would discuss face-to-face my displeasure with this person, but I'm gone from my house for 24 HRS when I'm on shift, so my property and my dogs are vulnerable to a weasel like this guy. The price is too high to pay if something would happen to my boys, plus I cant have a life if I'm incarcerated for a felony payback.........

Last edited:

196thprober

Classic government intrusion into individual and property rights at it's finest. I know you're not real confident about the outcome and it's time consuming, but my 2 cents is you should fight. The number of sheep in this country is increasing every day. Good luck whatever you do, and may the fleas from a thousand camels infest the POS next door.

strosfla

........ I'm moving in October to a neighborhood more receptive to my "nuisance" so by the time I get to court I'd be outa here....... yes I do feel like a sheep but after soul searching bit the bullet......:cry:

Last edited: