• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 Ton HET

Jeep Nasty

Looks awesome, can you tell me the part number of the doors, you said you could buy them new. Is that with the weld in door frame? I think you have inspired me for my next cab build. Did the windshield and frame come out of the pete as well?

grendel

Hey Chris....12063741_10205834122387004_6217189596209712465_n.jpg

Crane look familiar?

Pete 379. They're aluminum and huck bolt in... I have the huck gun and bolts... and a set of doors and door frames.

I can tell you his windscreen is not Pete sourced.

Last edited:

Motiracer38

Are the windshields going to be custom cut to size? Did you gain any overall height on the cab? I have been wanting to do this same thing but couldn't figure out the best way to do the door seals and hinges. It's good to see there's an easy method out there.

74M35A2

I'm envious and impressed. Nice work. That cab is beautiful. Love the visor. PM a quote to do mine.

Last edited:

99nouns

Isnt it amazing some people can just grab a tape measure, welder and couple of square tubes and rebuild an entire truck over, I can ask million questions, especially how did you do the dash and all the electronics, what about the guages?

74M35A2

Anyone have a good idea what seats would be nice in here.Thinking I want air ride.Also what would be a good aux heater system or would a combo ac/heat system be available. One last question what would be a good wiper system to install preferably 24v.

Last edited:

Carlstealth

All of the Peterbilt doors are the same or similar as I recall.

It takes a lot of work to remove them from the old cab and the cab is pretty much destroyed afterward but in the long run used ones are cheaper if you price all the individual pieces.

Carlstealth

Are the windshields going to be custom cut to size? Did you gain any overall height on the cab? I have been wanting to do this same thing but couldn't figure out the best way to do the door seals and hinges. It's good to see there's an easy method out there.
All the glass is custom cut safety laminate glass with the side and rear pieces smoke and windshield green tint.I regret not making the corners a larger radius so the rubbers would fit easier.The windshield glass is the same size as the rear windows so If I have a spare windshield it will fit front or rear.

I believe I gained 8-12 in cab height but would have to do some measuring to be exact.I know at 5'10' I can almost stand up inside LoL. I gained 21" of length in the cab the corners are concave to allow room for the Air intake and Exhaust piping. I also incorporated a 4"x 6" heavy wall roll bar in the cab framing behind the drivers seat.

Carlstealth

Its been a while since I have had time to work on the truck but I have had time to do more research on the best plan to move foreword on some of the head scratches.

1.Spray foam interior structure (Home Depot sells a spray foam kit)
2.Covering spray foam interior panels (Light gauge raised aluminum checker plate)
3.How to do Camo properly(Decided I will paint the rest of the cab the same color as what I already started)
4.Seats(A good leather air ride so easy to clean and durable aftermarket freight truck seats)
5.Wipers(Marine units used in Jet boats etc. have long shafts to get through metal on cab)

Have a long list of minor additions to wrap up and then hopefully start planting trees in the spring.

1.get tire orings replaced
2.build Hemit style revolving light bracket
3.Interior lighting
4.Dynomat floor covering and custom rubber floor mat.
5.Hook up aux hydraulics on boom and for deck attachments and replace old crane hosing.
6.Install stereo with hands free calling, 2 way ,CB and complete 12v electrical system side.

Carlstealth

Isnt it amazing some people can just grab a tape measure, welder and couple of square tubes and rebuild an entire truck over, I can ask million questions, especially how did you do the dash and all the electronics, what about the guages?
The dash is all original as well as the gauges,I will have an overhead consul for radios and aux switches stereo etc.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks