• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton identification

162tcat

Hello,

I'm looking at purchasing a 5 ton but the seller knows very little about it. He says it's a 1953 kaiser but is not sure. He thinks its a deuce! But it's a 5 ton for sure. It has the LDS 465-1a engine thats runs great and was rebuilt in 1969 based on the engine data plate. All I have to go from to figure our the year is the frame number, 952412925.
Is there any way to figure out what year it is from the frame serial number?

Thanks!

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine is 9525-14675 and it is a 1968. Yours is close, I would say 68 also. It is a Kaiser Jeep.

162tcat

Is there any way to decode the vin and find out other info? What is the going rate (ballpark, i know there are lots of variables) for a 5 ton of this vintage with no winch, hard top and a water tank on back?

M813A1

you can find the vin number of the front left frame rail near the steering gearbox and spring hanger that will help you identify that truck !!

162tcat

M813a1, I have the vin # it's in the original post.

Yes, the chain is real fancy. There is lots of evidence of farm engineering in this rig but haven't found any bailing twine yet!

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Vin decode: 95 is the lot number, 24 is the chassis designator (cargo w/o winch) and 12925 is the sequence number that begins at 10000. The sequence number starts over with each new lot number. The lot number is associated with a gov't contract which may have taken years to complete. Nobody has determined what lot numbers are associated with specific build years like has been done for 2 1/2 ton trucks.

Last edited: