• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton in washington pa?

Rattlewagon

sorry if this isn’t the place for it but was anyone driving a 5 ton on rt 19 north in Washington pa this afternoon? that truck looked really sharp!

I was going south... just my luck... be nice if there was a member close around here, most everyone thinks I'm nuts for loving these big green trucks...

Ha! sanity in numbers! the more we have, the crazier everyone else is!

Rattlewagon

Hi Scott! around here I never see any trucks. there was a gas drilling company here last month that had a deuce with a water tank on it and I stopped to talk to some of the guys that were hanging around and when I asked about the truck, they all cursed it. Of course, I took the oportunity to try to buy it but they said it is the tool pushers favorite so no go...

that was the first truck I've seen in my local area in over a year!

there was a member here from canonsburg that used to keep his truck down the road from one of the offices my company owns but I haven't seen it for at least two years...

It was nice to see some OD metal roll up the road!

gunboy1656

One guy up here near me has 2, 5 tons (was picking up a 3rd last time I talked with him)

I tried starting a get together last year, to correspond to a wings and wheel show, that a local museum does, but nobody seemed interested in coming. The museum has a C123 and an OV-1 bronco, Now have an F15 (but does not fly, no engines) Plus a few others. They get set up and do a car show as well as show off the airplanes. I am going to try and get something going next year. Also going to try and contact the reserve center, when they do the next Wings over Pittsburgh show about getting a few trucks to show off.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks