• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton longbed

k1hb

I could use a longbed (20ft) 5 ton with winch. they are not dropside as I see. they occasionally pop up at auctions far away....

What am I expected to disburse ..... auction or from dealers/private owners?

Fred

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
There are so many varibles that it is hard to give you a definitive answer. Condition, availability, location all have an affect on price. Have you checked the classifieds? Local Craigslist? There may be a SS member near you that has one.

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have an M927A1 that I could be convinced to part with. it does not have a winch (928) but it does have a dropside bed. It is the only one that I have seen with a dropside bed. Even the TMs indicate they were not made because of the length. The truck is in fantastic condition. I am a ways from you though.

Attachments

I have a 85' M928 (with winch), it was repainted in 2007, is a VERY nice looking/driving truck. Has the spin-on oil filter conversion, fresh oil, coolant, and trans fluid. The bed is not a dropside (I have not seen one with a dropside so I agree with VPed those are probably hard to come by).

I would take $12,000 for it and pretty firm at that. I dare say without going to an govt auction site you won't find a nicer one cheaper. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?117262-1985-M928a1-Long-wheelbase-long-bed-5-ton-6x6

At auction, I paid ~$1k more for mine than another guy did for his (same day, same location), mine looked nicer by far, his was pretty rough looking and has a bad engine knock, I don't think he has figured out the issue yet. BOTH trucks were auctioned as non-operational, so it is a crapshoot if you buy one from a govt auction. For a nice looking truck (927 or 928) in RUNNING condition, I have not seen one auction for less than 6-7k recently.