• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton multifuel engine cuts out

Bchantler

Hi Guys,

I'm in the UK and have a problem with my 5 ton dump truck, the multifuel engine will start on the button after being stood for months, I then take it for a run, after 10-15 miles if I drive around a roundabout (clockwise) the engine cuts, just like someones turned off a switch, once its done that a few times the same fault can happen on a straight road, might drive another 5 miles or cut out every 50 yards.

The turbo whistle goes silent, sometimes it will bump start before stopping if I'm in a low gear, if not it rolls to a stop, I crank the engine for 5-10 secs and it fires up like nothings happened, no hesitataion, all 6 cylinders fire at once.

Fuel tank is full, I've wired the fuel pump direct, changed the fuel filters and checked the tank is vented. The stop lever is fully in and doesn't seem to move whislt in motion.

I have noticed lately that it's not so smooth on tickover, if anyones in the UK the truck is down at the War & Peace Show, pop in for a cup of tea and slice of cake.

Barry

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You may want to pull the in tank pump and check the inlet screens. Recently had one that was 90%+ blocked with spooge.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You may want to look for an air leak along the fuel lines. Bleed the lines/filters using the "bleeder screw" on top of the secondary/final filter bracket to check for this.
Another possibility is the fuel cut-off lever, that may be sticking. It has no solid mechanical connection to the fuel cut-off lever, it just pushes it to the stop (fuel off) position.

vtdeucedriver

You may want to pull the in tank pump and check the inlet screens. Recently had one that was 90%+ blocked with spooge.
All are possible solutions but I think you got something in the tank that is getting sucked up on the lift pump screen. I would pull it over to the FSB and pull the tank pump and take a peek inside!!!!

Have a good time on the farm, tell Stuart and the boys that Jeff in VT says HI!!!!

Max Levell still party with you guys anymore???

One of these days Ive got to get over there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks