• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5-Ton Noise Levels

charlesmann

My 936A2 hard top is now straight piped. Im already hard of hearing bc of 6 yrs in artillery on M109s, and the last 20yrs in aviation. I can tell a difference between muffled and non, but its not enough to bother me. Operating the crane though, i need ear muffs.

Iv been thinking of replacing the army oem “sound proofing”, but it isnt high on my list of things i need to do with the truck.

• Wow
Reactions: HDN

Bill Nutting

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Much thanks for the replies guys!

Is it considered sacrilegious to put sound dampening material in these trucks to lower as much noise as possible?
Not in my world! I put Dyna Mat inside the cab on the passenger side (where the exhaust stack is). I put some on the inside of the doors, now they thud when I close them. I added 1/2” rubber mats to the floor. This mod lowered the noise the most. I bought the mats at Tractor Supply. It’s used for the floors in horse trailers. They are made from recycled tires. I used my saber saw with a metal cutting blade to cut them because there are bits of steel belt material in the rubber. I fitted it as tight as possible to get the best coverage. I can now hold a normal conversation in the cab while going down the road. When I’m alone, I sometimes use my noise canceling headphones and listen to music.… Modify away! It’s your truck. The thin foam padding they use on the walls and floor doesn’t really do much for noise. I plan to finish covering the cab interior with Dyna Mat.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks