• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton on GL in Pineville

halftrack

Gents,

In case anyone is bidding on the 5 ton in Pineville, LA on GL, It was completey underwater for a least a week during Hurricane Katrina. GL was been doing a piss poor job at letting bidders know of submerged water damage trucks from the hurricane. You can even see the water level marks in the cab but they mention nothing of it in the item description. I recently seen some deuces that were flooded from the hurricane go up for sale at this same location and go for prices that I believe the bidder had no idea the trucks sat under water for weeks. Even though these trucks are designed with fording in mind, they cannot sit for days or even weeks under water and not have significant water damage.

And yes, I will try to bid on the truck for the axles for my M816 if anyone wants to work something out for the rest of the truck so were not fighting each other on a price war I am open to it.

alphadeltaromeo

RE: Re: RE: Never Mnid

Alas...I had a good win from that site, but all the one's I had seen on the Pineville location were marked accordingly with water damage. Perhaps I missed a few.

jasonjc

I think they try to cover it up and get cought. Then pull it to "fix" the over sight.I see some with the tac and seedo glass broken out(to let the water out).They pulled two m35 in AR the other day but relisted them a few days later with no pic's.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter

some bad guys getting over on us good guys . lets remember to take a real good look see first.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks