• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 Ton paper work help

Coveralls

Hopefully Medlog or D Doyle could shed some light on this. I picked up my 818 in Indy last Friday. It had all new data plates,with the tool box full of in the box USA made tools. The only numbers stamped in the frame were C124-10684. I was wondering if that was enough to pull up the manufacturer and the date of manufacture so I could send away for my SF97.So far you guys have been batting 100% The only thing that did'nt work was the temp gage on the way home. Could'nt get her over 55mph though I did'nt want to push it with the new engine they put in and all. Thanks in advance.

MVtrucker

Sending away for the SF-97? Something new since I bought GL trucks a few years ago? A SF-97 was sent to me after every purchase.
Just curious.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Re: RE: 5 Ton paper work help

MVtrucker said:
Sending away for the SF-97? Something new since I bought GL trucks a few years ago? A SF-97 was sent to me after every purchase.
Just curious.
Yeah, they cost money now, and you have to apply for them......... :(

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
RE: Re: RE: 5 Ton paper work help

Sure is enough - numbers stamped in the frame are ALWAYS the best to work with.

Your truck is a 1970 Kaiser-Jeep.

HTH,
David Doyle

MVtrucker

RE: Re: 5 Ton paper work help

Yes, Joseph, this old dude is still around! I've been posting to SS on the deuce forum and by chance saw the Coveralls posting and I responded.
Good to hear from you.

acetomatoco

Yup, 55 is certainly fast enough for a 40 year old truck with juice brakes... remember only single circuit and failure of one wheel cylinder means no brakes at all....

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Personally, I don't like to push my trucks much over 50 mph. The HEMtt and M939 series trucks will do 65 mph, but I don't drive them that fast. I believe the super singles have a warning on their sidewall that states do not exceed 50 mph (or something right there...it might be 55 mph).

Armada

It had all new data plates,with the tool box full of in the box USA made tools.
What were the tools? The common BII tools/accessories and the BII tractor tools? The tool box on mine is still sealed since rebuild. I figured it was loaded with goodies. :)

Coveralls

Thank you David for the help in identifying my 818. Joe young I used to pull up your web site before I started collecting the Green Machines.Lucky for you I was too far away or I would have droped by every day after work! Armada you should take the peanut grinder and open the box. There was a air hose, 8and12" cresent, 8T bottle jack, 5 master locks,pliers, safety triangles,tire changing tools,manual and lube order, map case,light cable for pulling doubles all NIB. Now all I need is a lowboy to haul heavy equipment and I'll be all set.

MVtrucker

I would probably have tried to put you to work! :D
Really though, I had lots of guys stop in often and wander around looking at the trucks and other mil-vehicles I had. I enjoyed it.
NOS tools and stuff was a real nice find. I found lots of neat things in the deuces, but one I amazed by was a woman's nightie!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks