• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton power steering pump issues?

kstate90

Working on building another fire truck for our district. We got a M813 super single 5ton. It wants to blow fluid out of the breather. From reading on here it apparently has an internal leak that is letting pressurized oil into the reservoir. How hard is it to rebuild one of these or is it simpler to just buy a remaned pump. Thanks.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just make shure it is not over filled. They hate that and I run all mine on the low end of the stick. The mark on the stick for full is to much.

kstate90

If it isn't completely full you have no power steering. I have an Eaton in my LN9000 that I have had for over 10 years and it will still pump when the oil is below the filter. This one quits pumping when you can just see the top of the filter. It is pumping the oil out like the reservoir is pressurized. There shouldn't be any pressure in the reservoir.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now is a good time to mention the fluid. Strangely it says oil.. not ATF and not power steering fluid.