• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton Pre cleaner.

vtdeucedriver

Looking for the airfilter that pre cleans the air before the can filter on the 5 tons. Seen them on M123's and 5 tons.

Thanks for the help.

Jones

RE: Pre- Filter housing

If it's like ours it just a dirt/dust seperator. No filter element in it; it just spins the air so that the crud is centrifically removed.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Pre- Filter housing

Jones said:
If it's like ours it just a dirt/dust seperator. No filter element in it; it just spins the air so that the crud is centrifically removed.
As note of interest, the m656/xm757 trucks have a "2-stage" filter with built-in vanes to get the air circulating. The end section is the dust collector.

Attachments

acetomatoco

RE: Re: RE: Pre- Filter housing

Jeff Symanski was selling them at Aberdeen a coupla years ago... I have one on my M543A2... It is a precleaner... just to keep the big crud out of the real filter...

rmgill

Bjorn, that's how the airfilters on the 5 tons are set up (M813s and M54s). Same vanes and such.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Thanks for pointing that out Ryan, I had a filter canister from an M543 at one time and it was just a simple "barrel", must have been an exception....

rmgill

Bjorn, when I looked at a replacement filter for my 5 ton, I seem to recall that it didn't have the fins. And it seemed like the fins were part of my 5 ton's filter, not a separate ring. Could be one of those application specific things where there's slight differences in the filter from manufacturer to manufacturer.