• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5-ton Questions

FXR1969

Thinking I would like to get one that has at least been titled, and bed length need at least 13-14 feet if it all works out I would like to be able to drive the side by side up on it
I don't know if that will be do able mite need a ramp 20 feet long
or get trailer latter on

lindsey97

Please keep in mind that when these trucks were placed into service, the national speed limit was 55 mph.

Also, these are all tactical trucks, and as such their usage is usually 70% off road, 30% on road. The height of these trucks also dictates a lower top speed.

56 mph isn't a bad thing when you begin to consider all of the ways these trucks differ from their civilian counterparts.

mcmullag

Another thing the A2 has over the A1 is two shackles on the bottom of the front bumper in addition to the two on the top of the front bumper. : )
004.jpg Cargo bed floor height on an A2 is 4 ft 10 inches off the ground.

tobyS

I second 98G on the issue of title. From a private seller, title in hand or no deal. In Indiana, I can get a title off of the receipt, but have to be the person who bought it from the government, not a third party.

Are you buying direct from GovPlanet or a dealer ?

Take a look at the Stewart and Stevenson LMTV too. They are the modern deuce and half.

Last edited:

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Best place to look up VIN #info?? found one real close but seems kinda high
how hard is it to get them titled?
Kyle,
The truck in the photos I sent you is a stock M923. It will have a clean KY title, waiting for the state to send it.
She's a solid truck, needs a good home.
JC

tobyS

The tractors with a cut down bed are really starting to grow on me.. If I ever get another 5 ton I think go that route :) :cool:
I could have sent you one Jon...LOL

It's a 2012 rebuild.

I'm wondering about using a 1061 trailer as the bed.

Edit; Actually I have another that is not quite so virgin, so may modify it, perhaps bob it.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks