• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton rear brakes

derby

I don't want to sound like a broken record,so please stop me if there is a post on this!what I need to know is do you have to pull the rear hub to inspect brakes or does the drum un bolt off hub? I will be setting up my super single conversion and thought it would be a good time to check the brakes.My buddy the tire guy is helping ,I don't want to hold him up too long.so it would be nice if I had some prior knowledge of the way things go to gether.my dial up is very slow ,so searches take a very long time!

Scrounger

There is an inspection cover on the drum for checking the shoes. If the wheels were mounted correctly the plate lines up with one of the holes in the wheel, if not take off the wheel and pull the cover on the drum. It is also used for checking brake adjustment.

derby

Texas-5-ton,I don't know what I am going to do with them yet. probably stack them in the barn and complain about them being in the way! thanks for the info Scrounger!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks