• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton rear hub removal

jimmcld

Has anyone ever tried using a motorcycle jack to remove the rear hub on a 5 ton? You cannot leave the tire on the hub when you are running singles on the rear, so the tire must come off first, and then the hub. Working alone, I had to figure a way to remove the hub without destroying the axle threads of myself.

Attachments

augiedoggy

Thats a great idea! thanks for sharing,
I love the saying and philosophy "work smarter, not harder"
you obviously live by that.....:-D
now i'll need and M/C jack too

lacoda56

Just keep leanin' over beastmaster. That's the way I did it for over thirty years and now I get to "Man Up" with $180 a month chiropractor bill just so I can walk. I've seen some pretty big men unable to stand up on their own. A blown disc don't care how big a man you are, it just stops you cold. Try working smarter, not dumber. By the way, I use a cheap tranmission jack for hubs,clutches, flywheels, etc.

groundog

:beer:I have done the same thing but took some 2x4 and made a crade to fit under brake drum---now I have a tire dolly and pull both tires and hub as a unit

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks