• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5-ton rims and Goodyear MVT

jtonguam

Does anyone know how wide a standard 10-lug 5-ton dually rim is? And whats the widest tire that i can run on it? I'm looking to run Goodyear 395/85R20 MVT's as duallies if i can. Or does anyone know of a company that makes a 10-lug dually 20 inch rim that will fit a tire that size?

pad_cdr

Just wondered if you had tried searching the site yet. I think this is a fairly common topic. If you can't get results from the steel soldiers search, then try google.

jtonguam

Been searching on and off for a while now. I can find a lot of info in general, but haven't been able to find anything about running the Goodyear MVT as a dually. Just stuff about swapping from a dually to a super single

350TacoZilla

The only way you could run 395's duals is if you put them on bridge truck wheels and then you would be over width for on road use I believe. I had thought about running 4 of them on stock wheels like deuce guys do but decided against it for a couple reasons, tire wear due to being on a too narrow wheel,difficult to get tire onto wheel, have to find tubes that would work with them and always worrying about lock ring. If you look at your trucks rear with the stock 11r20's (i guessing here) you will see there is not enough room between the tires themselves or between the inner tire and the spring if truck is still on the stock rear suspension.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks