• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 Ton Shortage

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been bidding on 5 tons for a while will little luck, too high for me! I was at Memphis Equipment last week and their front yard is full of fully refurbished 5 ton cargo and tractors for a foreign sale! They all looked really good, new paint, tires, bow sets and covers, most had hard tops.
James G.

Attachments

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last time I was at Fort Riley there were some 10 tons and 4-5 816 on hold for foreign sale. We loose a lot of 5 tons to overseas sales.
James G.

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Im sure Memphis , or the other surplus guys would be happy to sell you a M818 they just got in from GL for 8 or 9,000 :-D. Maybe a refurbished one for 15K ?

Last edited:

KsM715

Thats why prices are high right now. The big money guys are buying them up to fill their high dollar over seas contracts. :cry:

I have more to add but its political and I dont want to go there on SS.

scooter01922

Sad how much of this stuff gets handed over to/ sold to countries that wouldn't shed a tear if the US fell off the map. It really grinds my gears just how much of this is stuff that your average american taxpayer could not own no matter what. You know, the tank, hummers, fighter jets type of deals that we hand over to unstable countries. Anyway, better get off my soapbox before someone snipes me.:roll:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks