• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 Ton Springs for the Deuce Rear

Has anyone removed some of the bars of the 5 ton spring group to get a level frame when bobbing a Deuce? It seems like a better alternative than using the springs off a M105A2 if you do not have access to an extra set of Deuce front springs. I can get a set of 5 ton fronts in excellent condition.

Mahalo

wehring

been done

Miltrucks has done this. He had to make adapter plates to have the 3.3" axle tube work on the 5" brackets.

Very nice job.

Justin

USMC6062

I'm using 5 ton springs front and rear on my bobbed deuce that I'm building, but I'm also running 5 ton axles. I'm using multifuel springs in the front and gasser springs in the rear. The multifuel and gasser springs appear to be the same, but definately not as overkill as the cummins springs. I'll have to count the leafs, but I think the cummins springs are like 14 or 15 leafs, and the others are around 11 or 12.

Jake0147

Has anyone removed some of the bars of the 5 ton spring group to get a level frame when bobbing a Deuce? It seems like a better alternative than using the springs off a M105A2 if you do not have access to an extra set of Deuce front springs. I can get a set of 5 ton fronts in excellent condition.

Mahalo

I think the M105 springs are deuce front springs, but with an added overload pack. I could be off base on that, but I'd poke around the TMs a bit before I gave up on them.

I have 12 leafs on the M105 and 12 on the Deuce front. 16 on the 5 ton front. My orginal thought was to measure the arc for both types and remove from the 5 ton to match the Deuce. In theory I would achieve the same height but I do not know the reaction to weight when applied. Maybe I could just use the M105 springs on the 5 ton hangers.

USMC6062

Five ton springs are wider, therefore the hangers would be too wide for the 105 or deuce springs. Also 5 tons use a 1-1/8" pin and the deuce pin is smaller, like 7/8" or 1".

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks