• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton tanker

Desert Rat

The M54 series is an older series than the M814 or M819 series. Both have a tanker option. Are you wanting the M number for the tanker option for either series? Remember, there are two different tanker options. The first is a full semi set-up being most common. The less common is putting a tank in the back of an M54 or M814 or M819. If it's the tractor-tanker set up, then the nomenclature doesn't change. If the latter, I do not know the M series number for that option.

Elwenil

I'm not sure there was a seperate 5 ton model. I can find about 10 different 2.5 ton models of fuel and water tankers, but no 5 tons at all. Plenty of trailer tankers, and then it jumps to the GOER and HEMMT models.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I once saw a water tanker mounted on an M809 chassis, but I never saw the dataplate to check to see if it had its own M #. I have never seen a 5 fuel truck, except for cargo trucks with the fuel cells and reel assembly in the bed.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
you cant put a tank on the back of a m819 ,its a tractor wrecker and you only can pull a low bed or a flat rack because the wrecker boom extends over the rear of the truck

RAT

The M39 Series trucks, M54 is the cargo designation in that family, did not have a tanker version, so ther is no M number, based on this it is safe to assume that the 800 series did not have a tanker either.

Hope this helps.

1ton

oh i was wondering b/c i've been told that the tanker models had two ptos and the possibity of a NHC 250 would be nice, but i guess it would make since not to have a heavier truck doing the same job the 2.5 could do.