• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton tractor converted to dumper

Bidslinger

I have a 5 ton that I have converted to a dump. Obviously running down the hwy with 10 ton load is a bit of a chore trying to keep it at speed limit. I have 2 questions:

What type of power gain will I get if I turn the adjustment nut on the pump?

And will I gain enough momentum with the 1600 x 20 tires that I am about to put on to keep the truck running at a respectable speed with a load?

I use the truck to deliver whatever to where ever

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cummins or Multifuel? The following is only for the multifuel.

There is power to be had but you have to follow the rules.
1) You must have a pyro.
2) See rule 1
1600s will compromise your power but undetermined how much.

Bidslinger

Re: RE: 5 ton tractor converted to dumper

Recovry4x4 said:
Cummins or Multifuel? The following is only for the multifuel.

There is power to be had but you have to follow the rules.
1) You must have a pyro.
2) See rule 1
1600s will compromise your power but undetermined how much.
Multi fuel with turbo. The 1600s are 52" tall and I don't feel I could compromise my power any more unless I could somehow split the gears.

Westech

CPL
RE: Re: RE: 5 ton tractor converted to dumper

you can really crank the fuel up and make a ton of power with the multi, but you can melt the engine down fast! the thing to do is just turn it up alittle and just let the engine do what it was made to do, work. You will never be a drivable power house with a multi but if you play fare with her she will get you anyplace you need to go, just a little slower then most.