• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton tractor number

REDWOLF

I have been looking at 5 ton tractor to add to my colection, but i am a little confused on the number. I know i am looking for a 900 series truck with a winch i thought the number was a M932a2 but here latley i see the same truck on gl with the number M923a2. So witch is the right one, or are both right just diferent assesorys? Or is gl just flipping the numbers around. Thanks

REDWOLF

So gl is just miss lableing there pictures, because they say 923 but the pics are of tractors. Thanks guy i knew i was not loosing my mind, well maybe i am, whating to buy another mv. [thumbzup]

wsucougarx

Absolutely what 123mach said! They can have the wrong pic/video for a given auction. Always best to go and preview the truck and make sure the VIN matches the GL ad as well.

L1A1

And from what I've read the "A1" designation at the end of "M931A1" for example, denotes a truck with super singles on it.

Does that mean that the "A2" designation denotes a 900 series with the 8.3 rather then the NC250 power plant?
Matt

Mack Attack

Banned
Either way they are a touch doggy, That Cummins 250 makes 240-260hp and is an 855ci I6 NA diesel, the 8.3L is 505ci Turbo diesel turning the same power or slightly more. So you could say the a2 is more efficient ;-)

As long as its an AM General your fine I did my job well very well with pride, I can't attest to the other newer brands though as I didn't build them ;-)

M/A