• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton tranfer case

panzerwillie

I have a little play up and down on the yoke that conects the transmission and tranfercase , now the only reason i notiece is because the UJOINTS has play so will be replacing it maybe saturday and , i like to look at the play on the TRANFERCASE YOKE , its that preloaded , or bearing can i remove it out by ltaking the assembly out it has a cover with 5 or 6 bolts around , maybe the yoke its loose mostlikely not that if its a bearing problem , can i replace it with out taking the tranfer case down and apart its there a TM on that i have all the manuals on CD thanks :?:

panzerwillie

All done after removing the drive shaft i notice it was missing the cotter pin and the yoke had play because the nut was loose, using a 2-1/8 socket 3/4 torque wrench i put 200 lb of torque and new cotter pin its all good, will check the fluied next those it take a especial grade or any heavy gear oil will work thx :-D

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
On the oil question, do a search for "GL1 AND MT5"-you shoudl about 37 million different threads about the various gear oils.

The specifies 90weight GL1, which I buy from Napa in 5 gallon bucket (I think it's Napa 65-205) but whatever you use has to be safe for use with brass and bronze components. I think the MT5 rating is what guarantees compatibility with the brass.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks