• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 Ton transmission 3rd gear problem

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Come on guys and galls, please don't make me more confused then I already am, just thought I had it figured out.

:lost:

I actually found a link explaining some of the modern and old designations for transmission oils (although the post itself may be a bit outdated)

Another link states that quality GL-5 80w90 oil also satisfies the MT-1 requirements. So have to look again at the can to see if I will get quality or cheap GL-5 oil.

So quality GL-5 80W90 can not harm my 1973 LSD 465 A1 multifuel M51A2, although some might say there are better products, or different preferences, or ....or what?

..... but I would suggest you check the oil often after it's changed to make sure it isn't setting free all kinds of sludge and garbage. Actually I recommend that on all old transmissions that just had the oil changed, regardless of what new oil is put in.....

How do you check for the sludge? Just drain and refill?