• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton truck question.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Take a nice 5-ton truck. That 12K price needs no further comment, in a few years you can buy it for scrap because he has no takers.

I now read and learned a lot on this forum :not worthy: (and a bit elsewhere as well). Visited the different dutch scrapyards (pictures to come later) and saw lots of deuces and 5-tons and an occasional 10-ton MV.

My conclusion? I was lucky to hit on this one M39 5-ton as first one. For me, it touches the soft spot just perfect. Too much upgrades needed on the Deuce to make it better (power steering etc). 10 ton too rare and heavy. This 5-ton is just perfect. The only slight disappointment I have is that I would like to have a perfect-fitting gearbox, maybe even a 10 or 18 gearbox with splitter etc. Not to get more speed, just to be able to find the perfect gear for almost every situation. (if fuel consumption would be a rant, I would be in the wrong place, some pains you cannot avoid and have to learn to live with.

AND PAIN IT IS

Prices on German highway are now US Dollars 7.83 per US gallon (that's right, almost $$ 8/gallon, or EUR 1.45 per liter)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks