• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton turbo question

Blythewoodjoe

We have a multi-fuel 5 ton with a bad turbo. We don't drive the truck but if we do it will be just to move stuff around on the property. Can I just remove the turbo and pipe the air cleaner into the intake and cap the oil line? If I run across a cheap turbo we might pick it up but that's not a priority right now.

Thanks guys,
Joe Trapp

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, you can remove the turbo. Need one of them elbows off of an LD motor so you can hook up or deflect some exhaust. Bound to one floating around from all these folks adding turbos.

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Go ahead and plug the line. It will not cause any problems. It just feeds oil to the turbo which is then returned to crankcase via the tube under the turbo to the crankcase.
Regards Marti

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks