• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton winch interchangeable

74M35A2

Might want to try one out first. A PTO winch will idle a truck out from being stuck. Hydraulic winch won't pull a rabbit out of a hat.
Where does this info come from? The hydro winch on my 925A2 zipped all 23,000lbs of my truck out no problem, after being stuck in 4' of mud. Why would you want a glove box full of shear pins when instead you can have a pressure relief valve and not break anything when the load limit is reached?

jrobinson5093

I recently bolted a 2.5 ton truck 10k garwood on my M818. I plan to make it hydro. I have some experience with pto winches. I use them on my holmes 500 and 600 wreckers. Hydros are so much more controllable, and if set up right safer. I dont know if it produces enough volume or pressure, but i'm gonna try and use the power steering pump to power my winch.

ross165123

In post 17 the picture is of the relief on my m818. Is that the same relief as on a 939 series truck or are there's bigger to clear the hero winch?

Csm Davis

In post 17 the picture is of the relief on my m818. Is that the same relief as on a 939 series truck or are there's bigger to clear the hero winch?
Okay for future reference the 20,000 and 45,000 winches on 809 series and 939 series trucks are the same winches just different ways of driving them. I know this because I have swapped them before. You can't just put the hydraulic motor on the 809 series trucks as Ron pointed out there is not room. The 939 series trucks have a completely different radiator and mounting of the radiator.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks