• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton winch

rizzo

has any one every put a hydro motor on a front winch before? I want to add the winch, but don't have a pto on the trans.

eddiec

rizzo, i'm going back to howards mv parts yard saturday. if you'ld like, i can pick you up a pto and linkage. no winches left, but i could also look for the pto shaft. if interested, let me know.

rizzo

I have a gasser in the truck with a auto trans. I could still use a drive shaft for my wrecker. $125 on that. I'm getting a brand new PTO for $300. I think that is a fair price. What do you think?

thanks

eddiec

300 is a very good price. pto drive shaft? btw, is it the same as the duece? no winches on trucks there to compare with.

bigford

I am planning to put a winch on my truck. It is a non mil truck with a 5 ton drive train, (t-case and axles) with the winch in the rear. Part-time rear t-case ptos are not easy to find and high when you do. I talked to Clark Truck Parts about a hydraulic drive and if I remember right, it was in the $700 range. They had the details and parts.
good luck

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 900-series 5-tons have hydraulic winches as factory. The problem is the motor projects back into where the front crossmenber is on a G744 truck. A fix is to remove the motor, put it just below the winch on a steel plate, and use two Browning sprockets & chain to make it work.

If you run the hydraulic motor/winch, just power it from the existing pump / resovoir for the power steering. All you need is a pressure regulator (1500 psi) and control valve between the pump and the steering (900 psi) regulator/control. If you elect to use electrical valves, you can operate the winch from anywhere you have buttons on a cord.

Cheap.

Works fine.

ddg

MB4/94

I just bought a hydraulic driven 5 ton winch from John Winslow, He's a good guy to deal with ! I'm now looking for a complete level wind set up for it. Anybody know where I can get one ??

rizzo

MB4/94 said:
I just bought a hydraulic driven 5 ton winch from John Winslow, He's a good guy to deal with ! I'm now looking for a complete level wind set up for it. Anybody know where I can get one ??

I am looking for a hydraulic set up I already have the winch and level wind.

anyone?

ida34

I have done business with them in the past and was very happy. I got a lot of hydraulic hoses and fittings that were real inexpensive compared to other sources.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks