• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton window removal problem

mike winterton

Just got an m923a2 and i'm trying to figure out how to remove the glass window. I've removed the access panel and disconnected the mechanism clips. The window will slide out only about 90% and then is stopped by something. What is the trick to get it out?

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are two little brackets at the bottom of the window that prevent it from coming out of the door. They have two small screws in each one.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Make sure the 2 little clips and the 2 stops are removed.Sometimes you have to give it a good hard pull upward.

Artisan

That's the easy part! Wait till you want to replace
the rearmost vertical channel and you find the screw
that holds it, that is inside the door at the bottom,
wait till you try to unscrew that bugger and find it is
all rusted up! That was FUN! I goter' but dang!

It was removed one microscopic piece at a time!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks