• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 Ton Wire Rope Clevis

Jared

Hello,

Looking for a distributor or place to get replacement front winch wire rope clevis. Have seen that they are made by Esmet but do they sell direct in small quantities (like 1)? Anybody have a source?
Would like to stay original which for the 5 Ton would I believe be Esmet GD-162-X.

Regards,
Jared

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Google rocks...

Esmet, Manufacturer of Tufloc High Security Products, Electroline Wire Rope Terminations and Tufloc High Security Locks

https://www.electrolineusa.com/industrial/wire-rope-fittings/clevis-fork-jaw-fittings/

Esmet, manufacturer of Tufloc High Security Products, Electroline Wire Rope Terminations and Tufloc High Security Locks, would like to hear from you. Please use the information below to contact us.​

Mailing/Shipping Address:
1406 Fifth Street SW
Canton, Ohio 44702 USA
Phone/Fax Numbers:
800-321-0870
Local 330-452-9132
Fax 330-452-2557
Email
info@esmet.com

Last edited by a moderator:

area52

If they don't sell direct, get a distributor from them. I bought one for my deuce a few years ago, can't remember if I went direct or not.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i also need one. i sent that company a email. dont know with it being the weekend how long a reply will take:grd:

Jared

That's Great. I'd done a fair amount of searching on Google and did not come across that place. The price is lower than I expected. Placed the order and will report back.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's Great. I'd done a fair amount of searching on Google and did not come across that place.
A google search for Esmet GD-162-X, the first result is the their page with the clevis.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter

spicergear

My Uncle is an Esmet dealer and has gotten two of the winch line cable clevis ends for me. Please PM me and I'll give his contact information. Also, if the part number posted is the one you want, he can get you a price directly on that number. Esmet has a lot of offerings so supplying him with the number is helpful.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just ordered one for the deuce (GD-150-X). Thanks for the link.
It came in today. Looks just like it should.

Now if somebody would come and install it on my wire rope I'll be set.:razz:
It looks like it's going to be quite a chore getting the strands around the plug and inside the socket. I'll report back how it works out.

rwoods

It came in today. Looks just like it should.

Now if somebody would come and install it on my wire rope I'll be set.:razz:
It looks like it's going to be quite a chore getting the strands around the plug and inside the socket. I'll report back how it works out.
Hope it goes well for you. I still haven't gotten mine (5 ton winch) on yet. I need another pair of hands. Ron

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got the end installed on the winch cable today. Wasn't too bad. Probably took me about an hour though to get everything fitted together just right. I downloaded the PDF instructions from the Esmet site and followed them. You don't need the special tools they list though. I just clamped the cable in a vice and used a regular punch to drive the plug in.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks