• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton Wrecker Owners, Question need a answer? M62,M543, M816

vtdeucedriver

Any of you have a black vinyl seat cushions in your gondola??? I am interested in the back cushion and if a part number is still visible.

Maybe someone has two laying around??

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have black seat back and seat cushion.

I have had it off and replaced the hardware that holds it in place.

I do not recall any part number visible.

Are you pretty sure they have a number on the back?

Way too cold to go out today, but maybe in a few days I could look at it again.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
10876402 is the seat back part number listed in the parts TM.

10876401 is the seat bottom.

vtdeucedriver

I have black seat back and seat cushion.

I have had it off and replaced the hardware that holds it in place.

I do not recall any part number visible.

Are you pretty sure they have a number on the back?

Way too cold to go out today, but maybe in a few days I could look at it again.

Thanks for verifying that they had black. My M62 originally came to me with some rotted Green Vinyl ones and I have gone back to making a Canvas set for the M62 but I am finding that I now need two vinyl black cushions that were roughly the size of the gondola back cushion. So again thanks for verifying as I now have a direction on what I need.

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any of you have a black vinyl seat cushions in your gondola??? I am interested in the back cushion and if a part number is still visible.
BLACK!! Vinyl!!! Sorry, mine are green canvas/foam/plywood/staples (as issued). Much more friendly on the behind when craneing in the hot sun without trousers (truck still has hard top - therefore shouldn't wear pants).

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
VT can you take some pictures as you rebuild yours. Mine were all gone and I have the canvas and need to purchase the foam but I am going to rebuild them in canvas ones that I can take in and out to protect from weather.

vtdeucedriver

VT can you take some pictures as you rebuild yours. Mine were all gone and I have the canvas and need to purchase the foam but I am going to rebuild them in canvas ones that I can take in and out to protect from weather.

Can do, Hope I remember though. Mine still had the plywood back and its only good for a pattern at this point. I got the canvas from JATONKA and it smells wonderful in my file cabinet drawer. When I get around to it I will try and remember to post some pictures when I do them. For now all my puttering is going towards the GT and that's where the M543 cushions are going.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
BLACK!! Vinyl!!! Sorry, mine are green canvas/foam/plywood/staples (as issued). Much more friendly on the behind when craneing in the hot sun without trousers (truck still has hard top - therefore shouldn't wear pants).
Notice this, from the NSN/parttarget link.

ABHPOverall Length22.000 inches nominal
ABMKOverall Width7.875 inches nominal
ADUMOverall Thickness1.875 inches nominal
AFFACover MaterialLeather, artificial
BTLXResilient MaterialPlastic
BTMBMounting AttachmentIncluded
NMBRQuantity2

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks