• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton wrecker

wheelspin

anybody?

help! its a m543a2 wrecker truck. need to know the controls on the floor between the seats and to the left back of the drivers. it seems the shifter toward the passenger is the pto, but if in the lock position with cover down the pto runs. is there three positions for the pto?

jimmcld

The shifter on the passanger side is for the front winch. The one next to the driver is the transfer case. The one behind the seat on the left of the driver is the power divider which turns on the pto to the rear winch and the boom.

It is not a good idea to play with it without the manual. You can really get yourself in a mess by putting the rear winch in gear without knowing it.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
yes its even better to have someone that is well versed in wreckerology to help out. haftract in new orleans gave me a 15 minute lesson that really helped me out greatly

papercu

The manuals for the wrecker should be on site, under Resources, look for any manuals 9-2320-211-xx, xx would be the levels. The 10s are the operator controls. If not there or you are on a dialup, PM me with a shipping address. Wayne

Last edited:

papercu

haftract in new orleans gave me a 15 minute lesson
And of course no video for the rest of us. :cry: There are some members in your area but Kenny is the only one in that half of the state that I know has one, there is also at least one in Live Oak. Wayne

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd love to help but I'm not checked off on medium wreckers, only the deuce light wrecker and crane.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks