• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 Ton's, Ayer, MA - anyone take a look?

martinwcox

Hi,

Did anyone take a look at the 5 Ton's on GL in Ayer, MA.

I was going out to to take a look as I am local but never made it.

Was thinking of bidding, but site unseen is all a bit scarey!

Cheers,

Martin.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Take a chance if the price is right.I have bought over 50 trucks just by the GL pics.I think I got screwed about 5 times so far.LOL,Some of those trucks dont look to bad.

martinwcox

As I did not mention, lot numbers or prices but asked a very general question I did not think it broke the rules, if I did then bad on me and I will if asked delete the post as I have no wish to PO anyone.

Actually, I have no idea how to delete a post no I come to think of it!

Last edited:

Vintage iron

just trying to help. I don't want to see another brother get himself in a pickle. If you win one let me know if I can help get her road worthy. good luck

DEUCE1209

Good luck with the bidding Martin. If you can't make the preview, just make sure you look very close at the pictures for the little details that would clue you in to a problem before you bid on the truck. In the past, i've pulled trucks out of that location that looked good in the pictures but needed major work to get them to run even though they stated "runs with a jump". Like all of the GL auctions, it's a hit or miss so roll the dice. Also keep in the back of your mind that the only help you get once your there is, "that is your truck over there. I dont care how you get it out of here but just get it out of here. come sign the paperwork before you leave". It's not alot but I hope this helps. If it doesn't, try to read my signature line... Oh yeah, there's nothing there that will help you either...;)

KsM715

Users can not delete their own posts anymore. (do to some bad apples in the bunch)

As far a posting auction stuff, along with the mentioning of lot# and links just avoid mentioning item descriptions. Just ask if anyone has or is going to "X" GL site for previews and see if the will PM you and you can discuss the details in private. When you start to mention specifics IE trucks, Trailers, Gensets, stuff like that is when people startto get upset.

Ive bought one truck direct from GL, 300+ miles away by pictures and descriptions only. I lucked out and was able to drive it home. I'd only do it again if I had the money to have it towed if something was unsafe or not working upon pick up.