• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 Tons Tow Easy

70deuce

NoPICTURES for this one but had to tow bar an M54 today with my M818. Used a heavy tow bar to drag the M54 about 10 miles. The M54 tracked perfectly even through some very tight turns with no one in the cab. No sliding or skidding of the front wheels at all. The real surprise was that the rigged backed and tracked as easliy as it did forward. Again with no one in the cab we were able to back the big guy to within inches of the desired spot on the first try. No locking of the wheels at a stop like a deuce does. In low range it was as easy as backing the 38 foot M971 into its spot. We had towed my M818 with this truck before and it towed the same way. Just in case someone was considering doing this, it was joy compared to towing a deuce.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks