• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

500 Miles in a Deuce

Miltrucks

OK - I know how everyone likes "in-use" photos here ......

Just did 500 miles yesterday in the M48. Had to go pick up a forklift I purchased out of state.

For those wondering, the trailer is one of the expandible trailers with the body removd and a deck and dovetail added. Works great behind a 2.5 ton tractor.

Never had the trailer weighed, but guessing somewhere in the 8-10K range. Lift on it weighed 12,600.

At the end of the day, I think I decided that 500 miles is about max that I would want to do driving one of these in a day!

Pics are from one of the rest stops off of Ohio I-70

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was wondering if you ever did the trailer. Looks great Eric. Need to share how you did the trailer, I need one!

area52

Do those ramps support the dovetail when they are down? That seems like a long dovetail for heavy loads.

Nice looking setup anyway.

I drove my deuce 800 miles back from California last summer, never NEVER, again will I do that!! ( Have to wait until winter time :mrgreen: )

steelandcanvas

Good job!

Congrats on your 500 mile trip, I know how hard it can be on a backside. Last month I drove 1160 in 3 days from Patterson, CA. to Aurora, CO. Experienced every kind of weather and driver. I'm just now getting the feeling back in my backside! :wink: Sorry thing is I didn't take any pictures!

Manstein

Chaplain Emeritus
I've driven mine 500 miles but, not in July. You must have air conditioning in that unit. I'd have to have the windshield open. Good looking rig though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks