• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Between $250 and $7500. There are only a few on the market at once and even fewer purchasers. If there are 2 buyers on the market and one truck, it's going to go high. If there are 3 trucks on the market and one buyer, they won't be selling quickly. Usually there are more 275s than buyers depressing the price.

tm america

I'd take one .They are one of my favorite trucks. One of the few short wheelbase deuces they are lighter too. they would have to be awsome offroad.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
After having one many years, I ended up getting tired of having to take a trailer to do anything but light grocery shopping. It's a way cool truck and fits regular parking spots easily. I've been watching a few videos of my old one and kinda wanting it back but they just aren't practical as they are. The M447C was too heavy for it and like a dummy, I sold the M146 which would be a great camper conversion. Bottom line for me was it's just not practical. I've got hundreds of pics of deuce tractors.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
since they are one of the more uncommon trucks you see, why doesnt anyone want them?
It's not that people don't want them....as stated above they are rare. You can buy several deuces for what you'll pay for a M275.

I have one and it would take $4500.00 to buy it in it's present condition (runs good, looks strange due to green fire dept paint).

I was in and out of the Army from 1972 until 2006 and I did not see a lot of M275's.

I don't think they were a line haul truck used by transportation units. I think a lot of them were in support units and pulled commo and command vans. That is where I saw most of them....usually parked in a Motor Pool and only driven when the Command Group went out to the field.

A guy near me sold one two years ago...it was three color camo and a cherry truck.....it went for 8 grand quick.

tm america

i'd like to see those pics. m275s are awsome. i would think they would be great for towing a deuce with a tow bar. since they are lighter you could do it legally without a cdl

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
i'd like to see those pics. m275s are awsome. i would think they would be great for towing a deace with a tow bar. since they are lighter you could do it legally without a cdl
You would be wrong Sir.

The M275 is lighter than a deuce and should not be used for flat towing anything heavier than it is...that is why it has a 5th wheel.

tm america

ya i guess you right about that but at least you would be less than 26000lbs then.i'm pretty sure the m275 was rated at 17000lb towing with the fifth wheel is that a on road or cross country rating

tm america

Nice fuel truck:idea:.There is a video on you tube of a m275 towing a trailer that thing sounds mean .One of these days i'm gonna make me one since they are way to hard to find.Looks like the fuel tank will be the hardest thing to round up

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
TM, I have an NOS tank in the wood crate here right now.

MN liked their M275A2s or did they? Used them as recruiting rigs, guess they didn't perform in other rolls. Note that there are 2 different trucks. The wo/w truck is now owned by Kwai and is all blue.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
These were sold on GSA in MA around 2001. Pity as they looked like clean trucks. On a side note, back in the 80s a bunch of these sold out of TX. There was absolutley no market for them and each one sold for only a couple of hundred dollars.

Attachments

Last edited:

tm america

WOW. My eyes are still trying to adjust first a bright green m275 now a bright orange m108. If you guys post pics of a hot pink m342 next i think we will have them all in this post. And i will need laisic eye surgery to fix the images in my head:shock:.....thanks for the pics .we need to start a foundation called save the mvs from the paint gun. go green stay green:mrgreen:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is an odd story. This M275A2 was on the last DRMO sale at Rock Island Arsenal. At the last minute it got yanked. It never reappeared, I know, I was on DRMO and GL sites all the time looking for anything M275A2ish. One day it appears on an ebay ad from Oshkosh Equipment. Doesn't sell and shows up some months later with new paint. Trust me, I know its the same truck!

Attachments