• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

51R Battery Hold Down for M151

lpcoating

Fil Bonica is selling 51R battery hold down brackets that will work with the original hardware. $35 each plus shipping. You can PM me for his contact info.

20210303_160547.jpg20210303_125814.jpg20210303_125847.jpg

Guy

lpcoating

That unnecessary strap holds the battery down. There is the option of dip coating or using rubber washers under the terminals.

Guy

lpcoating

The offical released version of the battery hold downs will look like the below drawing. Radii were added around the terminals for additional clearance. If you order from Fil, this is what you'll get:

20210305_120737.jpg

Guy

nattieleather

I personally think these are better than the original battery hold downs for the M151. But if I was doing a restoration that might get judged then I would opt for the originals and not these. Powder coat them and I think someone would have a winner on their hands.

lpcoating

I personally think these are better than the original battery hold downs for the M151. But if I was doing a restoration that might get judged then I would opt for the originals and not these. Powder coat them and I think someone would have a winner on their hands.
Opting for the originals would mean that you are using the original battery and these would not fit. These are used with the 51 R battery which is smaller than the original battery. The stock battery hold down is too large for the 51R unless it's modified. The intent of this hold down is for people that use the 51 R battery as it's a popular option of battery for the 151 truck.

Guy

nattieleather

Just wondering if they would work on Optima batteries? Sorry I don't know what size they are. The reason I ask is that a lot of folks do use Optimas and if that works on them or the 51R you may also be able to sell them to the M37 folks as well.

FilBonica

51 R batteries are basically the same size.
They should be fine.
Buy a set and satisfy yourself .
If you are not satisfied return them for full credit.
Price is $70.00 introductory price and $12.00 for priority shipping .
Paypal friends and family .
Delivery about 2 weeks.
Fil Bonica

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks