• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

52 M37 Electrical Question

Patsplat

Hello, Im new to your sight, Im a master mechanic from outside omaha and dont see too many of these vehicles.
I have a customers 52 m37 that I am restoring, The question I have concerns electrical issue in the ignition system.
This vehicle still has the OE 24 volt setup, I currently have the engine rebuilt and ready to fire on my engine stand, what I need to know is what the voltage should be at the coil and at the distributor.. I have the manual we purchaced on disk and cant seem to find specifics, is there supposed to be 24 volts at both?? I really dont want to fry the new ignition parts I have coming from vintage power wagon. Thanks for any help, and thanks for the great web sight, nice to have this information available from people(s) with your experiance in these vehicles

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If vehicle voltage is 24, coil volts should be the same, however, I use a ballast resistor. It will also work with the civilian distributer. I run a civi distributer with a 24 volt coil ( and ballast resistor) and save the military distributer and plugs for special occasions.

Patsplat

Thanks for the replies guys... Found out when the guy who bought this it never ran... Its set up for 24v, yet has a 12v distributor and no coil.. halfta make a call to vintage power wagon if I ever wanna see fire from the finger tips.. One of thses days she'll turn.. Good thing this guy is in Korea and makin the big bucks cause its getting exspensive

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks