• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

52 M37 turn signals

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello folks and as usual I have many more questions than answers, and that includes everything not just MVs! I recently did a recovery on a 1952 M-37 (pics coming shortly) obviously this is an early one and I suspected it when I bought it but was not positive till I picked it up, it has ZERO turn signal parts. There are no turn signal lights, there is no turn signal lever on the steering column, there is NOTHING! I have owned a few Military trucks in my day and all them had turn signals so I have not faced this issue in the past.
With that said, do you guys know of anybody that makes a turn signal KIT, complete with everything I need to make this a roadworthy vehicle? I would like to keep it as original as possible thus incorporating the signal lights into existing stock lights ie black out lights etc. obviously in the rear its going to need the lights, because there are none right now! I would like to buy a kit that includes everything needed and all I have to do is wire it in and modify/replace the lights that are required to accomplish what needs to be done, at the same time rear brake lights would have to be incorporated into this as well. Any and all ideas would surely be appreciated!

Thanks a lot for any clues on how to fix this issue!
Karl

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is a somewhat simple conversion. Nobody makes a specific kit for the M37 that I am aware of. To do the conversion, obtain a turn signal lever, a flasher module, and the interconnection harness. Next get a 40' piece of MS wire from Erik's et al. Get a copy of the M37's wiring diagram. Connect the new bulk wire to the 22-460 wire on the flasher harness and run it to the 22 wire on the RH rear lamp. Connect the new bulk wire to the 22-461 wire on the flasher harness and run it to the 22 wire on the LH rear lamp. Tape up the 22 wire that comes from the light switch. Run new bulk wire from the turn signal harness to the right and left front turn signals and connect to the unused wires at the lamps. Connect the right front lamp to the turn signal harness 460 wire and the left front lamp to the 461. Power to the turn signal harness comes from the 75 wire that goes to the stop light switch. A second 75 wire is also required for the switched side of the stop light switch. I hope I wrote this correctly.

Last edited:

Bill W

Karl
I converted my 54, M-37 to Military turn signals and only had to run 2 additional wires ( to front park lights ) to the NOS harness that I had just installed ( I utilized black out brake light wire for rear ) everything else came with the kit but that was way back in 1997 ( I still have the military instructions for the install ). As far as just putting on civie signalstat turn signals then go to Cabell Garbee website and click the link to see step by step instructions http://garbee.net/~cabell/

CGarbee

Karl( I still have the military instructions for the install ).
Since the link that I once had to the milspec retrofit is broken, perhaps you can scan and send me a copy of your instructions so that I can post them to my website??
Thanks,

Bill W

Since the link that I once had to the milspec retrofit is broken, perhaps you can scan and send me a copy of your instructions so that I can post them to my website??
Thanks,
Cabell
I'll go dig them out and scan you a copy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks