• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

52 m37

Tin Medic

Picked this up on eBay in December since it was local. This truck has been in Colorado its whole life while acquiring less than 5000 miles. It was sold to the Boulder FD in 1977 and purchased from the FD in 1985. She has been garaged ever since the Army sold her.

2015-12-26 15.33.41.jpgM37.jpgM37b.jpgM37c.jpgM37d.jpg

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Incredible! That is how you want to find a MV. Looks like you just need to find a slice of donor bed and graft it on where the fd did some cutting. Thanks for posting the pics and the DOD transfer docs, very interesting.

Bill W

Very Very nice!.
Its almost like a time capsule
If then vin# on the plate is correct than your M-37 was the 34,669th vehicle off the production line ( or more correctly, accepted by the military )

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What was the "accessory" attached to the cargo bed on the left side behind the cab? It looked like a pump or generator and was painted to match the truck.

That is a very nice truck to start with by the way. I never saw one that nice, even when I was in the Army ('68-'71) and they were still using them.

Tin Medic

That's a generator behind the driver. The FD had 2 100 gal plastic tanks in the back plus a pump and fire hoses. I will keep her the way she is. I haven't decided about fixing the cut out area. Since the bed already has various holes from the FD I think I might mount the spare tire behind the drivers seat which would make it a lot more convenient to remove. I picked up a front wiring harness from MWM and am on the hunt for the bed mounted spare tire brackets.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
VERY nice looking M-37 needless to say there is a lot of potential to do whatever you want to with this truck, you have a beautiful base to start!
KK

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a generator behind the driver. The FD had 2 100 gal plastic tanks in the back plus a pump and fire hoses. I will keep her the way she is. I haven't decided about fixing the cut out area. Since the bed already has various holes from the FD I think I might mount the spare tire behind the drivers seat which would make it a lot more convenient to remove. I picked up a front wiring harness from MWM and am on the hunt for the bed mounted spare tire brackets.
You know, less than 3 hours north of you is forum member hndrsonj, he bought an M37 that had a spare bed-side piece....
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?147925-Finally-restorng-the-M37

Just throwing it out there :)

Last edited:

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
declared excess, Monday, March 14, 1977.

It's not in the 'vin database', but there are some close to it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks