• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

52 truck

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice save - it's not often to see a GMC deuce still in fire department livery anymore, most fire departments went to M35 series deuces a long time ago.

rlwm211

It is extremely common for the older fuel pumps to fail on the new gas we are currently getting at the pump. You should be able to replace or rebuild the pump easily. I cannot remember if it is in the tank, or on the engine.

RL

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
It is in the tank, and with 5 gallons of gas in the tank it will be the same as empty. Nice truck

hippiedude

Sweet truck ......Ya the gas today is real rough on the fuel pump....... I just had a one year old nos pump crust up with this white crusty crap ......... Easy to work on though ........ Tim

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I found a feller selling a replacement pump on line but like the dumbass I am...I didn't save the site or write it down.
Maybe one day I will wake up and smell the coffee:shock:

roughroad

thanks all

i pulled the pump tonight and am planning a trip to napa tomarrow

the biggest problem as i see it with the parts situation is somewhere down the line someone put a 366 or a 454 motor in it sounds good though.

anybody know the week link (or links) in these? i am mostly going to be running it in the boondocks and hate walking;-)

thanks and good site.

hippiedude

I don`think a stock pump will feed a big block very well ....... Only 4 or so pounds psi......I would think a big block would take7or8 pounds or more to feed it ........... Tim

Stan Leschert

I couldn't read the data plate. What m-??? is this, and what engine? If it is the M-135/211 the pump was in the tank. Alfa should have one. Many others have installed inline fuel pumps, just be sure to have a big A$$ filter upstream of the pump. I prefer to use orignal configuration if possible, but what ever it takes to make it go (for now) seems to work. Good luck, and let us know what you did, and what you actually have (model and engine...)

lacoda56

Looks like it's in pretty good shape! The stock transfercase was a single speed unit. Low range was in the hydramatic transmission. I don't know how well it would stand up to the extra torque, but a t-case from a WWII CCKW would give you low range again. Two separate rear drivelines can be a pain!

roughroad

i think its the 211 but it seems that most of the power plant stuff was converted to the 366 and the fuel pump was moved to the bottom of the truck bed just above the tank. if there is still one in the tank all i can say is oh sh*t but i hope to get it running again tonight so i can water the back yard stage 1 water restrictions my 6 o'clock.

as for the tranny 1st gear seems low enough for now she just crawled up with no help (throttle) when i loaded it to the trailer. the CASE 1115E even needs a little when i load it. so we'll see after i try to drive a couple of roads at the ranch with a full load of water.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks