• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

53 inch tall tire on m35

monkeyfist

I thought Id post alittle info for the OP and just my personal experance with building a lifted Bobber.

I have almost finshed my M35A2 Bobber ( M109 ) with 53s so heres a few things that I learned.

I used the 105 trailer springs for this build. The truck has a custom 9 inch lift kit, which REALLY sucked to install but is need to clear 53s.

You will end up removing about 40 rivets to get the rear axle out before adding the new springs.

The front of the truck is about 7,000 lbs so you would need a couple good jacks and blocking.

Chopping the frame is pretty easy, not much to say there.

If you lift the truck both front and rear drive shafts will need to be streched.

You will need a custom steering arm and possibly a new drag arm.

All the brake lines on my 109 reached just fine, no need to get longer lines.

Latteral Bracing is a must for the lift kit.

Most likly the box will need a spacer to clear the tires, if you mount it to the frame your tires wont fit.

Re Centered HMMTT Rims seemed like the best option for price and because you can go tubeless.

I recommend getting new seals when you flip the hubs, save future headache and do it now. Dont forget about the CORK while your in there.

There are alot of hours involved in doing a lifted deuce, Id never do another. Doing a non lifted Bobber is about 1/2 the work of building a lift kit and installing it if you do all the work yourself.
Built my lift and installed it in one weekend with nobody helping. Its not too bad doing the lift when you do it the way I did. I kinda cheated. The only part that sucked for me was putting the 500lbs of wheel and tire back on by myself. These things are sweet though when you do the lift with 53s. Cant go anywhere without at least 1 person taking a picture or coming up to shoot the **** about it. Building 2 more next month. Gonna see if I can get one from bone stock to bobbed, lifted, and painted with 53s in a week of less.

Oh, and buy yourself a cheap ass Northern Tool 12 ton air/hyd. jack. You will love it!! Its a must have if your putting a lift on a deuce.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I had a tough time getting my front tires on by myself on my 5 ton, but my rears I had on in like 10 seconds.