• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

53mph is now 40mph top speed

50shooter

Hi guys.

Long story short. Truck ran on the way home from the pickup at 53mph. Truck quit a few days later...bad fuel , filters etc? Truck runs great now having cleaned the tank new fuel, new fuel filters (all 3). It does run great only slow as the top speed is now 40mph at 1,600 RPM.

Fuel filter flow rate issue? I used the Napa ones everyone on here recommended so I doubt this is the problem.

I've read several threads and most lead to some adjustment related changes. I didn't touch the IP or anything.

Ideas please.

Thanks

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Make sure it's getting full throttle and the shut off cable is all the way in.

SasquatchSanta

Check to see if the in-tank fuel pump is running. You should be able to hear it before you start the engine --- with the switch on.

These trucks will run (assuming you can get them started) with the in-tank pump not working but they won't "always" run like they should. It's something to check.

Good luck.

cbvet

I wonder if you dislodged some debris that is now obstructing fuel flow?
If your in-tank pump is working, turn on battery switch. Open petcock on primary fuel filter & see if you get a good flow .
If yes, then open up secondary filters & check for flow.
Etc.

Eric
CBVET

50shooter

Thanks a lot for the replies guys. My internet went down shortly after the initial post and I've been chomping for some pointers.

The shut off cable is in but I will verify under the hood.
I do get full RPM in neutral and the other 4 gears
I checked the air cleaner indicator and double checked the air cleaner
The truck is empty (except the 1,000 gl water tank that is empty)
I may have dislodged some crud in the process but am hoping the filters are shagging most of that and the truck runs great in all other gears.

I can't verify the throttle linkage but I will when able. The pedal seems to freely move all the way.

Thanks
Jason

Matt1970M35A

My truck did the same thing after I got it. I thought I had turned up the fuel rate on the ip but just lurned I had turned it down. Suonds odd but it worked. I was still not happy with it changed the air and fuel filters. It did not help. only till I lemped home I found I missed a filter
Their is a primery filter on the right side of the frame rail. It looks like the one on the engine.
I would check it out. Also if the filter is made of a hard rock like stuff you can clean it.
I also noticed that my ip made a wineing sound. Mine got so bad that the bypass valve was opening and made the engine sound like it had a bad miss.

Let us know what you find.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks