• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

55,250 dollar lol

fireball

that hummer is a collectors dream. It is the Petraeus Love Bug, David and Paula used to drive around Iraq in it. That hole in the side is where the outdoor entertainment center mounts

Plane Fast

Link shows no truck...but in any event, I beleive it is pure BS...shill bidders.
Im starting to think the same. There is really no way to know if your bidding against real bids. At least on GL you could see the unque identifier. You could then keep track of them and see if there was funny bids. (Lot of work and not perfect)

TedG

Another reason I've stayed away from all of these trucks. Way too rich for my blood. I guess they will not let most of them go for their real value... <5k

tomelroy

Real value is related to supply and demand. Look at the state side land rover defenders. These humvees are a steal. One day you will be telling your grand kids about the time you could get a m998 for under 10k and the will be sick you didnt buy more.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
I can assure you there are no fake bids... this guy was offered an out the day before the auction and chose not to take it. Then defaulted which cost him a pretty penny. At that point we offer to the next few bidders.

Plane Fast

I can assure you there are no fake bids... this guy was offered an out the day before the auction and chose not to take it. Then defaulted which cost him a pretty penny. At that point we offer to the next few bidders.
Thanks for being on here. Just remember it's going to be like a second job on here answering all our questions! :mrgreen:

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
I am learning that so I've learned just to look during working hours and consider it just part of the job! (that may just be my excuse to do something other than looking at numbers.) I have enjoyed the site and the hobby in general. I have had to restrain myself a few times some things aren't worth arguing over. However, when the integrity of our auctions come into question I couldn't help myself. It just amazes me how when somebody gets a great deal nobody is talking about fake bids.

With all that being said I am glad to answer any questions that may come my way.

tage

What's stopping people from paying that pretty penny? I would tell y'all to pound sand, that and your bogus IronClad Assurance. :tinkerbell:

Last edited:

Plane Fast

Jwade. I would not take it personal. It's not an indictment against your company. It's that their have been other auction company's that have had some funny business. I.e. Rogue employee, to private bidders driving prices. So some of us are on guard because of that. Faceless auctions can make people nervous. (Especially with the going prices)
I'm not sure what safe guards you guys have against that type of thing, but I assume there would be something.

I have bought many vehicles and equipment from both Iron planet and Gov planet. For me, it has been a good experience.

P.s. That guy should have taken your offer!:cookoo:

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes please don't it's good to have him as a member to help US with any problems that might come up.
It never hurts to give feed back but please do it the right and respectfull way.

tage

My deepest apologies. Maybe you can look into your Inspection Analyst's, and your "dispute council" for the ironclad assurance to reform the process of which business is conducted. Mostly towards how inspections are conducted; ie. Normal wear and tear could mean just about anything, and is extremely vague. Along with the dispute process. As the dispute process is deeply flawed, and needs to be looked in to.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks