• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

57th Fighter Group Restaurant

TMNT

I'm planning on leaving the house about 8:00-8:30 tomorrow morning so I can be at the 57th Fighter Group a little before 10:00. If any of you Canton/Cartersville/Woodstock guys want to convoy together, let me know. My planned route takes me over to Roswell via Hwy 140 and then down to Clairmont Rd.

zout

TMNT - just got out of work and had to have a liquid refreshment before I headed out to do my pre-trip inspecion of the 109. Deb is taking a break from her routine Sun childrens church duties (that is like pulling a tooth) and I am glad to have her along riding shotgun.

I figured we would head out of lilburn around 9ish and give plenty of time to stroll up that way.
We will not be hard to see as it is woofing white smoke and knocking really bad and most of the side box metal is just flappin in the wind. Could be the roof peeling back but I am too afraid to look.

:jumpin:

TMNT

Looking forward to seeing you, Zout. Are you sure you're not driving a steam locomotive?? I can almost envision a party of Apache Indians chasing you across the plain. Funny.

We'll keep watch for you and hopefully nothing goes too terribly wrong. For gosh sakes be careful.

CycleJay

Too bad I cannot afford to eat there.. Or else I would go.
BUT if I get called into work tomorrow, I will stop by on the way to or from work.
Since where I work is just about a half block away from there on that street.

Have fun guys..

TMNT

Don't forget daylight savings time kicks in tonight! We spring forward 1 hour.

My cell number is 770-231-5231. If anyone needs assistance, directions, or wants to arrange a rally point for joining up on the way over, give me a holler.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm leaving Hiawassee at 0700. I'm leaving early because my A3 only goes 45 and I'm staying off the interstate. The 57th Fighter Group is 104 miles from where I live.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I think I am burned fellas. I am in the middle of a BIG project with a tight deadline and I need all day tomorrow to finish it. Unless something miraculous happens tonight, I won't be there tomorrow.

I hate to miss it.

Attachments

sail-bum

I am pulling out of Sugar Hill around 8:00, picking up a co-pilot around 9:00 in Norcross, and I should be there early. I will be taking PIB (Peachtree Industrial Blvd) all the way down. If anybody needs anything, give me a call 678-230-5211.

TMNT

Clinto, I was looking forward to seeing you there, but I understand. Still hoping you make it, but if not, I'll see you out at your place sometime soon.

TMNT

It was just the three trucks but we had a great time this morning. Breakfast was great and the conversation better.

We talked about doing this again at other interesting locations around Georgia. I very much like that idea. Ideas are welcome. Zout told us about the Andersonville prison near Macon and Sail-Bum suggested something in northern GA. I like both ideas. I know there are car shows and other events that would provide entertainment and I think many shows would welcome a collection of MV's for a couple of hours.

I personally wouldn't be opposed to something as simple as Waffle House and a Wal-Mart parking lot, but interesting locations make for interesting gatherings.

I appreciate Zout, Zout 2, and Sail-Bum coming out this morning. We missed the rest of you and hope you can join us next time.

Attachments

TMNT

Zout, I take it that smoking, knocking heap made it home ok. Next time you shouldn't try to take part of the landscape home with you!

I'm looking forward to the cookout and hope I make it home from my trip west in time to be there.

TMNT

Sail-bum, did you make it back ok? I've been working on the truck and on the yard today and haven't been watching the forum as much as usual. Post up and let us know you made it ok.

zout

FWIW - the Andersonville Prision Museum is a National Museum and memorial.

It was the largest prision in the South - BUT the true intent of the facility is a Prisioner of War museum and represents well.

When Deb and I went down there a couple years ago it was very difficult not shedding tears as it was that intense. The uniform of a Gulf War POW is there as well and explains a lot in detail in a video when you enter.

There is a LARGE parking lot and all is free. You can Google the facility and learn more. I find it hard to think most here would want to even go near the place for obvious reasons.

BTW - the knocking stopped after a couple pistons dropped out and running home on the other 4 worked out pretty good. The tree branches stopped the metal from banging around so much also - as for the smoke, we just lived with it.

TMNT

Yeah, Andersonville Prison might be a bit heavy for a weekend gathering. That's probably something I'll do myself for the experience and the education.

I noticed after I got home that my IP is leaking a little oil and my dang fuel return line is dripping again! I'll have to dig into that later. The job and a whole host of springtime chores demand attention.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks