• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5th WHEEL MOBILIZER ..? Hard to find..?

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats what I am talking about. I have looked all over GL and different sites. I am willing to pay $3,500.00 for a good one if you know of some one who has one.[thumbzup]
Your budget won't even get you a decent trailer similar to the one it is siting on in post # 15

Stonepicker1

Attachments

Stonepicker1

Went out to the mooterpool today to take a few pictures of the ISO Container Trailer we have. SATS(tool container that replaced the #1 common) is mounted on the trailer.

Attachments

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stonepicker

Went out to the mooterpool today to take a few pictures of the ISO Container Trailer we have. SATS(tool container that replaced the #1 common) is mounted on the trailer.

Is this rig for sale..? All I require is the trailer but if the 2 containers with trailers are for sale let me know. This is exactly what I am looking for.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME..![thumbzup][thumbzup][thumbzup]

Don

quickfarms

I wanted one of the two trailers that sold in MD but I could not justify shipping it out to Ca.

I ended up with a 20 foot single axle container chassis for $630

I actually paid more for the dolly that I have.

I have seen a lot of 20 foot single axle chassis on GL in the last year.

Another thought is to have a cassis manufactured. The container locks are prety cheap and available

How tall of a container are you moving?

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The container is 9' tall, I have to stay under the 13'6" mark. I don't know if a single axle will work since the thing weights 22,000.00 LBS, I figured a double was perfect. I also do not want to go through the process of making a tong and installing axles, I would rather just get a unit made for a 20' and be done with it.

Thanks for your help, [thumbzup]

Don

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am sure that StonePickers's trailer isnt for sale, as it is property of the US Government currently in use. It's in a motorpool....

quickfarms

Chassis $625 shipping weight 4000 pounts

1989 Trailmobile a Division fo Pullman Incorporated coupleable semi-trailer chassis. The maximum payload of the chassis is 31000 pounds.

Dolly $630 shipping weight 2381

Miller Trailers Incorporated,CD-3-8 trailer dolly. Manufactured in 1978.

Attachments

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chassis $625 shipping weight 4000 pounts

1989 Trailmobile a Division fo Pullman Incorporated coupleable semi-trailer chassis. The maximum payload of the chassis is 31000 pounds.

Dolly $630 shipping weight 2381

Miller Trailers Incorporated,CD-3-8 trailer dolly. Manufactured in 1978.
Thank you Quickfarms, Do you own this equipment and are selling it or is this what you bought for your project.....? Is the Chassis made for a 20' iso container..?

Don

quickfarms

I acquired this combination because I wanted one of this trailers that were auctioned off in Md but the cost to transport them cross country was not cheap.

I am looking for a 20' iso shelter for my rv project and this unit will be used to store when it is being modified until it is mounted on the truck.

This chassis is designed to carry a 20' container

This combination is not for sale but if you made me a crazy off I might change my mind.