• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5th wheel plate info needed..

citizensoldier

Soldier B must have been pissed because he beat the hell out of my 5th wheel plate. It would not hook up so one day Dave P was over and we investigated.. They bent the threaded rod that pushes on a fork that slides along both teeth to hold them shut. Bent the **** out of the fork too.. Does anyone have the same plate? Is the fork supposed to go straight across or did it have a slight hump in it? Anybody have a blow up of this type of plate? I have the model number and will try a web search for Holland Plates but thought I would try the good old SS crew first.. Thanks..

Attachments

Dave911

5th wheel plates don't need to be perfectly flat. How much of a hump? If you have a 1/8" hump in the middle and you put 30K lbs on the plate it will flex anyway. Now if you have a 1/2" hump that's a different story. If that is a Holland plate you can probably still get parts for it. It sure looks like it is in good shape. Is that a double rocker setup so it rocks side to side also - or not?

Dave

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pity I'm so far south. I have the quarter fenders and 5th wheel from an M52A2 and they are likely to see the recycler this week. Just can't store them any longer.

citizensoldier

I was not concerned with the top of the plate.. See the tuning fork looking thing in the pictures? That is supposed to be straight across with a slight angle in at the tips.. They beat the hell out of it and bent it that much! I just put it back together today after getting the piece straightened and re-enforcing it. We also straightened the rod it was bent too..
This style does rock back and forth on two big springs mounted under it.. Should take some serious strain off the pin off road.

Dave911

Pity I'm so far south. I have the quarter fenders and 5th wheel from an M52A2 and they are likely to see the recycler this week. Just can't store them any longer.

I'd put that 5th wheel on Ebay. I've seen them sell there before. If yours in the double rocker type - that is worth some bucks to guys that have to go offroad once in a while.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks