• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5th Wheel Plate M920/M916

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
think I have seen pin adaptors in the classifieds, think tactical truck makes them

Coldfusion21

I imagine if you called holland they'd be able to get you that info. I had thought Soni had posted that info somewhere but I'm not finding it now. He managed to find it so I'm sure others can too.

Edit: As posted earlier in this thread

"Holland part# XA-351-A-L-P (cost new about $800.00)"

Last edited:

wehring

Plate and pins

I have a plate and a set of pin adapters for $1100. I converted my M916 to 2" but now it will be converted to a cargo truck.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

goodguyzy

Some how missed that info, thanks. I paid $5500 for the truck, another grand for another plate. Maybe Ill have to bite the bullet on that one.

wehring

plate

The holland plates will not simply pin on. This plate comes with adapter bushings so you can use the plate's pins on the M916 base.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

bonshawman

My 931 has the fixed tactical 5th wheel. As I have run goosenecks for years that, by design, can be beneficial off/on road, and have a single action (in other words, not a road position (fixed) and an off-road position (flexible), I am wondering why one couldn't (shouldn't?) run the tactical 5th wheel in the pivoting (off road) position all the time.

The manual says that for road use it should not be allowed to flex.

I am hauling an LD20 which is 50'8 inches and 41' from the pin to the center of the trailer duals. I wonder if it would be less stress on the 5th wheel to allow it to flex a bit?

Also good intel on the different size pins - I was unaware.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am wondering why one couldn't (shouldn't?) run the tactical 5th wheel in the pivoting (off road) position all the time.

The manual says that for road use it should not be allowed to flex.

The reason for this is that with high center of gravity loads like tankers, you do not want the cargo to start to sway out of control. This motion, especially with slosh in a tanker, can flip a rig on it's side.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks