• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5ton hard top suggestions

azkcr

Hi guys.
I have a 1990 5ton fire truck for our VFD that is 90% complete with a ripped soft top.
Anyone know some hard tops for sale?

Ive tried keeping my eyes out for anything.
Im trying to avoid the $750 fiberglass or $1000 hard top.

I am going to try to install my soft top and fiberglass over it. $80 in fiberglass and resin to try...

I haven't seen any go for sale on here either.

any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

ben

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
check the classifieds and post in the Parts wanted section. There are always people going from East to West across 40 that have a hard top or pick one up along the way. I have one but I am in Memphis. 8hrs away.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guess its what you want. Hard top/soft /fiber/ or sheet steel. One large piece or gage and some good cutting and I bet someone better than me fold and weld up a good solid cab cover. I love soft top and the windshield down. But a fire truck I still think someone could make a cover and be even stronger than the one that was issued. Even with a couple of air gaps if something did not work out real well it's not big deal we need strong.

Last edited: