• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5Ton Rear Axle Seal Wear Ring

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After taking apart my rear axles and ordering a new rear seal I was informed that the axle spindle is supposed to have a wear ring that the rear seal rides on. Non of my axles had a wear ring. Has anybody seen a wear ring on their axles?

No I have not been into the TM yet to look this up. :(

The part number is: 7409553

Last edited:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Krink thank you for the update, that is what I thought they look like! This is a good price on the parts also.

Thanks for taking the time to give me your feedback.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Krink thank you for the update, that is what I thought they look like! This is a good price on the parts also.

Thanks for taking the time to give me your feedback.

groundog

:beer:I BOUGHT A 931 FROM GL----REAR AXLE LEAKING----TURNED OUT SOMEONE HAD REMOVED THE RING AND PUT THE AXLE BACK TOGETHER MINUS THE RING--

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M35 OMG I love the new brake shoes!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the picture that is exactly what I am missing. Got to love old trucks you learn something new everyday.

:eek::eek:

moriboy

I just did my M923. I bought the seals and wear rings from Eriks. Very good price. FYI- be careful putting the ring on. I used a pc of wood and slowly tapped it on....

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was given the tip to drop them in boiling water to heat up then install quickly! I will try ring soup and see how it tastes

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Or place it on a 100w light bulb.